You want to have a say? You want to change something at the CUAS?
Then open your mouth ...
... and stand in the ÖH elections in May 2023
At the Carinthian University of Applied Sciences:
- the student representatives and
- the university representation was newly elected.
The election for student representatives is a personal election, i.e. candidates are directly elected to represent one of the 5 student representatives. The student representatives are made up of 3 or 5 people, depending on the number of students, are direct contact points for students and have their own budget, e.g. for events, projects or purchases at the FH locations.
At the Carinthian University of Applied Sciences there are the following student representatives:
- Student representatives at the Feldkirchen site
- Student representatives at the Klagenfurt location
- Student representatives at the Spittal site
- Student Representation Business & Management Villach
- Student Representation Engineering & IT Villach
In the election for university representation, various lists put themselves up for election by the students of a university. According to the election results, the mandates for the university representation are distributed among the individual lists.
The university representation of the Carinthian University of Applied Sciences consists of 9 mandataries. It is the highest body of student representation at a university and represents the concerns of the students vis-à-vis the university of applied sciences and the ministries. Here, students can only vote for a list and not for individuals.
This is how you can join in:
Candidacy for your student representation
Fill in the form "Announcement of candidacy" and hand in the original.
Candidacy for university representation by election proposal
In order for a list to be able to run in the election for university representation, an election proposal must first be drawn up by students of Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, and at least 35 declarations of support must also be collected from Carinthia University of Applied Sciences students for this election proposal.
Here you will find all the necessary forms for a candidacy or election proposal and the statements of support. The completed forms must always be handed in personally or sent by post to the Chairperson of the Election Commission:
Mag. Bernd Suppan, FH Kärnten, Hauptplatz 12, 9560 Feldkirchen
Attention: The following deadlines apply to the submission of election proposals for the university representation and the announcement of candidacies for the student representation:
- 04 April 2023 End of submission deadline for election proposals
- 13 April 2023 Deadline for submission of candidatures
If you still have questions about running for student representation or running as a list for university representation,
simply contact the ÖH Service Centre: OEH@fh-kaernten.at
The election dates at the FH Carinthia are as follows
- FR, 5. Mai von 9:00 – 18:00
- MI, 10. Mai von 8:00 – 17:00
- DO, 11. Mai von 8:00 – 14:00
- FR, 5. Mai von 14:00 – 18:00
- MI, 10. Mai von 11:00 – 14:00
- FR, 5. Mai von 10:00 – 13:00